Are my internets safe?

"Is it a "secure" connection when I access the internet on my laptop using a tethered blackberry as a modem?"
Well, let's just say the internet is never safe. (Did you see "The Net" starring Sandra Bullock? The internet is wicked scary.) Plus, apparently the government has the ability to use your phone as a listening device. I tried to find some hard facts to back that last statement up, and surprisingly, came up with nothing. There's also nothing evidentiary on the faking of the Apollo moon landing, but I think we all know that it was totally FAKE. (I get most of my information from old movies. See Sneakers for that last one.)

But to sort of answer your question, I don't know, but I would highly doubt it's super secure. You know how you shouldn't mosey around your bank accounts while you're at a coffee shop utilizing their overburdened wi-fi? Accessing the internet through a wireless connection is basically wireless tethering. If you are just doing some basic browsing, then go nuts. If you are diabolically transferring money from your home bank account to your evil villain account in Switzerland, then maybe be a little careful where you are getting your internets. 

cat
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment